This beautiful conversion of All Souls Church, Bolton – a brick church by Paley and Austin, dates from 1880-81 and is now to be enjoyed as a community building for the Crompton district of Bolton. Two pods are to be constructed within the interior of this aisle-less space; serving multifunctional purposes. SIP fabric will be used for the walls as load bearing elements, assisted by steelwork framing. Conserving the original church is of great importance; therefore the pods are to be built independently of the church. The complicated geometry of these 2-3 storey pods poses a challenge in itself, notwithstanding the need to build foundations and import materials with minimum disturbance to the church.